Start your career with us!
Call 402-705-9003 and interview now!
Heartland Concrete is a growing company that is always looking for talented, hardworking people. If you would like to be considered for a position within our company, please fill out the form below and attach a copy of your resume or call for more information. We are always accepting applications and encourage you to apply at any time. Below is a list of positions that we are currently hiring for.
Heartland Concrete is looking for a SELF STARTING, SELF MANAGING motivated individual to lead our concrete crews in the forming and pouring of concrete. We request that you have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a foreman. This is a working supervisor position, meaning you will be working hands on with your co-workers forming and pouring concrete. Supervisors are expected to have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Supervisors will be expected to manage a crew of 3-5 people throughout the forming, pouring and re-bar tying of concrete slabs, curb and sidewalk. You will be expected to be able to read blueprints and shoot grades using a transit or laser level. You will be responsible for driving a company truck from the office to the job site and back every day. Conducting safety meetings and ensuring compliance with safety regulations will be your responsibility. You can expect to be in charge of verifying and correcting employee time sheets. Coordination of materials delivery and the purchasing of materials will be a daily responsibility.
- Ability to operate and manage the backhoe, mini excavator and skid steer loader.
- Ability to read blue prints and operate a transit and laser level.
- Ability to pour curb, slabs, sidewalk and other miscellaneous items.
- Ability to form curb, slabs, sidewalk and other miscellaneous items.
- Ability to interpret shop drawings and tie re-bar according to the plans.
- Ability to finish concrete. Ability to grout and install construction joints and expansion joints.
- Train and manage a 3-5 person crew.
Heartland Concrete is currently hiring to fill our concrete finisher position(s). We request that you have a minimum of 3 years of concrete finishing experience. Must have experience finishing all types of concrete including footings, concrete floors, sidewalks and paving.
Finishers will be expected to have the ability to form and pour all types of concrete. As a finisher you will be required to set forms, tie rebar and finish concrete. You must know how to use all types of finishing tools including, bull-float, mag-floats, steel trowels, edger’s, concrete brooms, walk behind and riding power trowels, concrete saws, bob-cats and mini excavators. You will be required to complete daily tasks given to you by your supervisor. You must have the ability to work well with others.
- Ability to install rebar, level and prepare grades, set form work
- Ability to place and finish concrete
- Ability to use walk behind and riding power trowels
- Ability to finish concrete using hand tools
- Ability to use heavy machinery
- Ability to use a laser level
- The ability to read a blue print and have a valid driver’s license is a plus, but not required.